As a Medical Technician there is no current awarding body or protected title. There are various EMT courses available throughout the UK and many don’t offer the credibility, in-depth clinical knowledge and skills that is required of such a role. We have developed an comprehensive and robust Pre Hospital Medical Technician programme that is fit for purpose and will enable the clinician to safely practice and ensure they deliver excellent clinical care to their patients.
We have developed this programme with the patient as our main focus, from the medical emergency to the major trauma victim. This course offers a diverse scope of practice that will appeal to medics working in the major industry and chemical sites, medical support centres and teams, remote and hostile medics as well as the private ambulance technician and NHS services.
We are committed to providing quality educational programmes utilising the latest evidence based practice.
- Approved by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Comprehensive and in-depth subject areas suitable for this industry
- ELCAS fundable
- Delivered by current practicing medical professionals
- OCN Credit4learning approved awarding learners with level 4 credits
- We can be flexible in adding additional core subject areas specific to each industry
- All learners are given access to our student area. An online cloud with pre-reading and on-going educational materials
- Accommodation can be booked directly through Medipro
The syllabus is an intense training package designed to equip the student with the necessary basic skills required to work on the frontline and include:
- Role definition
- Medical terminology
- Respiratory System and Disorders
- LMA’s, i-Gels, OPA and NPA
- Airway Management and adjuncts
- Oxygen and Entonox therapy
- Circulatory System and Conditions
- Shock and Intermediate Life Support
- Major incidnet awareness
- Poisons and overdoses
- Trauma care including bleeding and burns
- Fractures and splints
- Nervous system, CVA, epilepsy
- Diabetes and blood glucose monitoring
- Infection control and waste management
- Unconsciousness and patient assessment
- Assisting paramedic with IV, fluids, drugs, intubation and IO
- Information Governance and Report forms
- Abdominal conditions and injuries
- Helmet removal and traction splints
|2015||3rd, August, 9am||21st, August, 5pm||Spaces Available||Add to Basket
|2015||7th September, 9am||25th September, 5pm||Spaces Available||Add to Basket
|2015||2nd November, 9am||20th Novembner, 5pm||Spaces Available||Add to Basket
Learners are assessed throughout the programme both theoretically and practically. Once successfully completed the following awards will be given:
- Pre Hospital Medical Technician from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Pre Hospital Medical Technician from the OCN Credit4learning with higher educational credits at level 4
There are no-pre course requirements for this course. It is recommended learners should complete a basic entry programme and refresh on medical terminology and anatomy and physiology before attending but they are not essential.
If you or your group require 2 or more booking onto the same course - call us as we would like to compile a quote to help reduce your costs.
Excellent course - see the editorial within the Circuit magazine...click HERE
Very well run and relaxed atmosphere
Tutor was impressive with knowledge and very approachable
JM, Falck Fire Services
good standard of learning. Tuition excellent
A very professionally delivered course, enjoyed it very much.